HEC Undergraduate Scholarship for Gilgit Baltistan 2022
Gilgit-Baltistan students can apply for scholarships to study in top Pakistani universities/institutions through the Higher Education Commission (HEC). Scholarships are available to undergraduate students who intend to study at HEC-recognized universities/degree awarding institutions (DAIs).
There are undergraduate scholarships available for the academic year 2022-23 to students from Gilgit-Baltistan enrolled at top Pakistani universities/institutions (Batch-lI).
Applications must be submitted by October 24th, 2022 at the latest. Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can apply through the HEC portal. Applications submitted in hard copy will not be accepted. Application processing fees are required to be paid to HEC via https://eportal.hec.gov.pk.
Scholarships offered by HEC GB
Scholarships cover the following:
- There is a maximum of Rs. 240,000 per year for tuition, hostel fees, and other charges
- Rs.15,000 per month as a stipend
- An annual books and travel allowance of Rs. 30,000
GB Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- You must be a resident or a local of Gilgit-Baltistan in order to apply.
- SSC, HSSC, and/or equivalent qualifications are required for applicants. Priority will be given to students who have passed/completed their SSC/HSSC from Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Applicants who are already receiving any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- There is no restriction on the applicants' choice of institution or university in Pakistan. Students are responsible for any expenditure in excess of those outlined in PC-1.
- A maximum age of 22 years is required at the time of application submission.
- The candidates will have to meet HEC and university criteria for admission in BS programs.
- The Aptitude Test (to be conducted by Education Testing Council, HEC) and academic credentials will determine the shortlist.
- A minimum of 50% is required on the test.
- Also eligible are students enrolled in BS programs at public sector universities/institutions (maximum one academic year/session).
- Scholarships will be awarded regardless of gender, caste, race, or religion.