HEC undergraduate scholarships for Balochistan coastal areas 2023
A scholarship program for students from Balochistan's coastal region has been announced by the Higher Education Commission. Students from Gwadar, Lasbela/Hub, Kech (Turbat) and Awaran districts of Balochistan are invited to apply for undergraduate studies at universities/degree awarding institutions (DAs) recognized by HEC.
The scholarships are available for all studies under the "Coastal Region Higher Education Scholarship Programme for Balochistan" project.
Online applications are accepted until the final date, May 29th, 2023.
Coastal Region Scholarship Criteria
- Candidates must be residents of Gwadar, Lasbela Hub, Kech (Turbat) or Awaran District in Balochistan
- A candidate must have completed 12 years of education with at least 50% marks in both their Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC)
- To be eligible, the applicant must have both SSC and HSSC or equivalent from a college/institute located in any of the Balochistan districts, i.e. Gwadar, Lasbela/Hub, Kech (Turbat) and Awaran
- You may also apply if you are already enrolled in a BS program prior to the advertisement for a maximum of one academic term
- Age limit is 22 as of the application deadline
- A BS program applicant must meet HEC and university requirements
- All HEC/Government scholarship applicants are ineligible to apply
- Students awaiting results cannot apply
Please note the following
- According to PC-1, scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit and district quotas
- The selection of candidates will be based on their Aptitude Test scores (conducted by the Higher Education Commission) and academic credentials
- A minimum of 50% in the HEC exam is required
- If any misrepresentation, error, or omission is found in the online application information or data provided by the applicant, the scholarship will be revoked
- In case of assistance, please contact either the HEC Regional Centre Quetta Secretariat, Islamabad, or the HEC Regional Centre, Quetta.
- Applications must be submitted online through the HEC website https://scholarships.hec.gov.pk
- As part of the application processing fee, applicants must deposit Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) at Habib Bank Limited
- The account number is 1742 7900 1334 01.
Account title: Higher Education Commission
Branch code: 1742
- It is imperative that the original bank payment record/slip be uploaded with the online application, and that it be kept for the applicants to present at the test center. A test cannot be taken without the original bank deposit slip
- Saved/incomplete applications will not be counted. The application must be submitted online
- HEC holds the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any moment without an explanation
To stay up-to-date, candidates are encouraged to check their emails and the HEC website regularly. To receive assistance in case of inconvenience, they must apply before the closing date.Visit Scholarship Website