HEC Post-Doctoral Fellowships Programme
The project offers 1000 fellowships over a span of 5 years. These fellowships are offered on open merit at the national level. Seventy percent slots are reserved for faculty members of public sector universities and institutes, private universities are given 15 percent slots and 15 percent of these slots are kept for public sector R&D organizations (recognized by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology).
- To provide an opportunity to work in well-equipped research laboratories of the world and to work in new/ emerging fields.
- To address the issues of retention of qualified faculty members, by the capacity building of the faculty.
- To develop further foreign linkages through placement of PhD students and other researchers at the host institution.
- To enhance the quality of learning and teaching across the institutions
- PhD degree holder from HEC recognized local or international university.
- Not more than 45 years of age (i.e 45 years 00 months 00 days)
- 05 years' work experience in Pakistan after obtaining foreign PhD degree (Local PhD degree holders can apply immediately after PhD)
- Must be an employee of public/private sector HEC recognized university/DAI or public sector R&D organization.
- Must not have availed any post doc fellowship before.
- Must have acquired requisite academic qualification on or before closing date.
- Must have a placement/acceptance letter from top 200 QS World Ranking universities/research Institutes from a relevant supervisor along with detailed CV of the host supervisor
The maximum Fellowship amount per scholar for total duration of Scholarship (Including Living Allowance, Health Insurance, Research/Lab Cost and Air Ticket).
|i||Average Living Allowance*||USD 1,600 per month|
|ii||Average Health Insurance**||USD 2,000 Once|
|iii||Average Research Lab/Experimentation Cost***||USD 6,000 Once|
|iv||Average Air Ticket (Return)****||PKR 250,000 Once|
- The stipend to the scholars will be paid according to the host country. The list for stipend rate for various countries is given at Annexure-3(A).
- Health Insurance will be paid upon providing documentary evidence/receipt of payment.
- Average Research/Lab Experimentation Cost has been estimated @ US$6000. However, this will be paid as per need on the basis of research/lab work experimentation/procurement of data/survey etc. mentioned in the research proposal submitted at the time of application. This has been estimated for 60% of the fellowships.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be submitted in response to an advertisement. Submission must be made to the HEC online portal (research.hec.gov.pk). Please go through the user manual before filling of online application. Once the required details are filled online, please upload all the required documents in .pdf form and submit the application before deadline.
The submitted applications are assessed by other active researchers with great expertise within the field. HEC evaluates the process continuously and has clear guidelines for the assessment of work. The assessment shall be of high quality and be conducted in an objective, impartial and transparent manner.
The Evaluation Process for the postdoctoral fellowships comprises of following steps:
- The first step of Evaluation Process is an initial screening of application by HEC. The purpose of the screening is to ensure that submitted applications:
(i) Are eligible for the fellowship; and
(ii) are complete in all respects.
- Proposals that meet the above criteria will be forwarded for in-depth assessment by at least two independent expert evaluators with the disciplinary expertise.
- Evaluators will make recommendations to the HEC for shortlisting of candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview before a panel of experts to confirm selection or otherwise.
Visit Scholarship Website