FOREIGN MS AND PHD SCHOLARSHIPS BY UNIVERSITY OF BALTISTAN 2021
University of Baltistan offers Foreing MS and PhD Scholarships for Pakistani natioanals under Faculty Development program. The selection of the candidates will be made purely on merit considering their academic achievements and their aggregate marks in HEC HAT test. The scholarship awardee will be required to serve University of Baltistan, Skardu (UOBS) as a faculty member for the period of minimum 5-years after the completion of their MS and Ph.D. degrees. Last date for the receipt of applications is September 30, 2021.
Candidates will have to seek admission in top 350 foreign universities of the world (QS ranking) by fulfilling admission requirements of host university. The applicants are required to indicate the disciplines of the scholarship program on the envelope. Only short listed candidates will be called for test / interviews.
Foreign MS and PhD Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Pakistani / AJK Nationals only
- Must have 60% marks or CGPA 2.50 out of 4.0 in the final degrees and with no 3rd division in the entire academic career for the MS scholarships.
- Must have minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the semester system) or first division (in the annual system) in MS / MPhil / Equivalent degree (18-years education) with no 3rd division in the entire academic career for the Ph.D. scholarships.
- Maximum age at the closing date for MS scholarships 35 years for candidates working in Government Organizations 30 years for fresh candidates.
- Maximum age at the closing date of advertisement for Ph.D. scholarships 40 years for candidates working in Government Organizations 35 years for fresh candidates.
- The candidates must have acquired requisite qualification before the closing date of application.
- The candidates must obtain minimum 50 marks in HEC aptitude test (HAT).
- The candidates who are already availing any other scholarships are not eligible to apply. i) The candidates shall be required to follow all the codal formalities as per HEC FDP guidelines / regulations before leaving for higher studies abroad.
How to Apply for Foreign MS and PhD Scholarships
The candidates are required to submit application on the prescribed form available at the University website or from the Registrar's office. The following documents are required to be submitted along with the application form:
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials.
- Attested copy of domicile certificate.
- Attested copy of CNIC (National ID card). d) A detailed CV/resume.
- Two recent passport size photographs. 0 Pay order / bank demand draft worth Rs.1000/- (non-refundable) in favor of University of Baltistan, Skardu as a processing fee. Candidates who are already serving in Government/ Semi-Govemment / Autonomous organizations should apply through proper channel having NOC from the current employer.
All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of open merit. Candidates must have a final degree in the relevant field of advertised slot. HEC aptitude test (HAT) will be arranged and conducted by HEC for eligible applicants. Candidates will only be allowed to secure admission in those intemational universities / countries with whom HEC has signed MOU / agreements. After provisional selection, the final grant of the scholarship shall be subject to the confirmation of admission of the candidate in the foreign university and fulfillment of codal formalities (i.e. deed of agreement etc.) as per HEC guidelines. Awardees will have to execute a bond to serve in UoBS for a minimum period of five years after successful completion of their MS and Ph.D. degrees. No request will be entertained in any case to change the service status / job from the University of Baltistan to any other institution during the bond period. UoBS reserves the right to select or reject applications on the basis of selection criteria approved by HEC Scholarship Management Committee (HSMC). In case of any omission/ misrepresentation, UoBS reserves the right to reject the application at any stage.Visit Scholarship Website