Dalarna University Scholarships for International Students in Sweden, 2020
Every year, Dalarna University awards partial scholarships to a number of its new international, fee-paying Master’s students who have proven themselves to be outstanding in their educational endeavours.
Amount of Scholarship
Our scholarships go directly towards a reduction in your tuition fees and will cover between 10 and 50 percent of your total tuition fees. The amount that you are awarded is automatically deducted in set amounts each semester over the duration of your programme.
Apply for a Scholarship
Tuition fee waivers are only available for studying a Master’s degree programme which is offered on-campus. You only need to apply once for your scholarship and this you do before the start of your programme.
- The deadline to apply for a scholarship for the Spring 2020 intake was September 30th.
- For autumn semester study start, the application period is January 1 to March 25.
You can submit the scholarship application for studies beginning in autumn 2020
A complete scholarship application has four parts:
- The online scholarship application
- A CV/résumé (uploaded to your University Admissions account)
- A recommendation letter from an employer or teacher (uploaded to your University Admissions account)
- A video where you explain why you should receive a scholarship
In the video (no more than 60 seconds long), you need to explain why you should be awarded a scholarship from Dalarna University. You will need to upload this video to a website or cloud storage so that it can be viewed by the scholarship committee: include the link to the video in your scholarship application where indicated. We must be able to view the video using only the link provided.
Do not send the video directly to Dalarna University.
You can use any device to create this video. If you are using a laptop with a webcam, then there are many websites that let you easily create a video.
You need to ensure you complete the online application form and upload the above documents by the final dates stated above (i.e., September 30 or March 25, depending on the semester). If you do not submit all documents by the final date, then your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
The Marketing and Communication Office, together with Programme Directors, will review your scholarship application and decide whether or not you will receive a scholarship.
In our selection process, we focus on your previous academic success, references and motivational statement. We give priority to applicants who list Dalarna University as their first choice on universityadmissions.se and who are admitted in the first application round.
Note that there is no age limit for applicants to our partial scholarships and that they are open to fee-paying students only.
We make our decision on who will receive a partial scholarship by these dates:
- Decision date for spring semester: November 15
- Decision date for autumn semester: April 15
Please note that the decision date may change (by a week or so) depending on the number of applicants. You may contact us to enquire about the status of your scholarship award after the decision dates: [email protected].
Other (Non-DU) Scholarships
- The Swedish Institute offers a limited number of scholarships that cover 100% of tuition fees and living costs for students studying a Master’s degree at a Swedish University.
- Students interested in the Master’s Programme in Solar Energy Engineering who are citizens of developing countries may qualify for a scholarship offered by the Global Sustainable Electricty Project.