GC Henderson funding for International Students at University of Sydney
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: Department of Anthropology, Archaeology (Prehistoric and Historical), or History.
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: Minimum RTP stipend rate
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded to conduct research into the history of the Polynesian, Melanesian and Micronesian communities.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or have an unconditional offer to study a full-time master’s by research or a PhD in the Department of Anthropology, Archaeology (Prehistoric and Historical), or History.
- Have completed your undergraduate degree or equivalent within four years or less.
- Have completed a course of lectures in anthropology.
- Be willing to undertake research into the history of Polynesian, Melanesian and Micronesian communities.
- Be willing to spend at least three months during scholarship tenure in the island(s) whose history you are studying.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity , candidates are advised to take admission in the postgraduate research program at the university. After being enrolled, candidates must fill out an application form and submit it during the application filing period.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must attach all the required documents such as academic transcripts, research experience, professional experience, area of study &research proposal, curriculum vitae, reports from two academic referees and personal statement.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission in the university, applicants will need to meet the academic entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
This scholarship provides a stipend equivalent to the minimum Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate for the following duration, subject to satisfactory academic performance:
- Up to two years for a PhD recipient.
- Up to 1.75 years for a master’s by research recipient.