Hungarian Scholarship Program for Christian Students 2023
The government of Hungary announced the 'Hungary Helps Scholarship Program' for young Christian students. The program was launched in 2017 to provide scholarships for Christian students to pursue higher education at Hungarian universities.
The scholarships offered are for Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. Programs.
There are scholarships available for the 2022/23 academic year for citizens of the Lebanese Republic, the Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Kenya, the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Republic of Armenia, and Nigeria.
- A monthly stipend for tuition-free education
- Tuition-free education
- Monthly allowance
- In the case of bachelor's level, master's level, and one-tier master's level study, a monthly contribution of HUF 166,600 (EUR 450) will be made to the living expenses in Hungary until the degree is completed
- PhD: Scholarships are worth HUF 140,000 (EUR 380) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (EUR 490) for the second phase of education (4 semesters) - for 12 months a year until graduation
- For the duration of the scholarship, you will receive a free dormitory room or a contribution of HUF 40,000 towards your accommodation costs
- Compensation for travel costs of HUF 200,000 / academic year (EUR 550)
- Hungarian legislation requires medical insurance for health care services (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance worth up to HUF 65,000 (EUR 180) per person a year
Scholarship Application Process
- Applicants can prepare their documentation and get a letter of recommendation from the required local authorities. Application deadline for Hungary Scholarships for 'Christian Young People' is January 31st.
- The list of shortlisted candidates is prepared in March, and selected candidates are notified. Applications are forwarded to host institutions in April, and the final selection is made by the host institutions by the end of May. Students must arrive in Hungary by September 1st.
How to apply
- The Hungary Helps Agency's online application system accepts applications online. Candidates can apply on this site: https://hungaryhelps.gov.hu/apply/
- Applications must be submitted by clicking on the link "Submit"; applications that are saved will not be considered. Please note that only applications submitted online and before the deadline will be considered.
- To be considered for the scholarship cycle 2023-2024, complete application packages must be submitted by 31st January 2023 (until 23:59 Central European Time).
Visit Scholarship Website