Brunel Medical School International Scholarship Terms and Conditions 2023/24
There are five prestigious scholarships available to international students at Brunel Medical School (BMS). Scholarships will be offered only to overseas fee-paying applicants and awards will be based on merit.
The first step
Scholarship value: Each scholarship is worth 15% of the annual tuition fee over the 5-year course (for example, 15% of year 1 tuition fee in year 1, 15% of year 2 tuition fee, etc) subject to satisfactory progress. Scholarships will be deducted from tuition fees, not awarded in cash.
The selection process is as follows:
There are two parts to the selection process:
Shortlisting by BMS Admissions Committee for Scholarship Interviews
- The BMS Admissions Committee will consider those who have paid the fee deposit for shortlisting based on their Virtual Multiple Mini Interview (MMI);
- Applicants with equal MMI scores may be shortlisted based on comments made by MMI Assessors, their academic grades, personal statements and references;
- Candidates with under-represented characteristics may be prioritized for scholarship interviews by the Admissions Committee during the shortlisting process.
The second step is the scholarship interview
- The scholarship interview will be conducted online and will involve a short presentation and discussion with the Interview Panel. During the presentation discussion, candidates will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
(1) Commitment to the School as BMS Ambassador in accordance with the School's mission and vision
(2) Experience as a leader
(3) Inclusion, diversity, and equality are core values
(4) Aspire to become a physician after graduation in accordance with the vision and mission of the school
(5) Clarity of communication and organisation of thoughts.
To be eligible for a Brunel Medical School International Scholarship an applicant must:
- Fulfill the academic criteria for admission to Brunel Medical's MBBS program
- A full-time offer for the MBBS programme starting in September 2023 and a deposit paid by the deadline, which is usually at the end of May 2023.
- Applicants must meet all conditions of their offer before registering at Brunel
- The student must be classified as an overseas fee-paying student under UK regulations. Fee status is determined by the information provided in the application form, which Brunel compares to the UK government's regulations.
- A Brunel Medical School International Scholarship is available to those who need to study English at Brunel Language Centre (BLC) before starting the MBBS.
Those not eligible for these scholarships:
- The UK government does not classify applicants as overseas for fee purposes, or those whose fee status is unresolved.
- Sponsored applicants.
- Applicants whose course will not begin in September 2023.
- Net tuition fees for Brunel graduates are reduced by 15%.
Visit https://www.brunel.ac.uk/scholarships for further information on all the international scholarships available.Visit Scholarship Website