Maastricht University Brightlands Talent Scholarship, Netherlands 2022-23
Maastricht University Brightlands Talent Scholarship, Netherlands 2022-23 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Maastricht University . The deadline of the scholarship is 01 Feb 2022.
Maastricht University Brightlands Talent Scholarship, Netherlands 2022-23 is available to undertake Masters level programs at Maastricht University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Maastricht University will provide the selected students €11,400 – €22,800 for living expenses, €192 to cover visa application costs, and health & liability insurance and tuition fees at the ongoing rates.
All Nationalities except EU/EEA and Switzerland
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold the nationality of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2022
- You agree to become an active Brightlands and UM ambassador during and after your studies, by committing to share your experiences during at least one (information) session for students and/or other stakeholders
- You have been (conditionally) admitted to the participating one-year master programs at UM for the 2022-2023 academic year
Step 1: Register for one of the participating master programs at UM
For further details on how to register for a master's program at UM, please see your prospective program’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
- Please note: only the master programs in the list above are eligible for a UM Brightlands Talent Scholarship.
- Please note: you can apply for the master's program at UM and the scholarship simultaneously. However, you must be conditionally approved for admission to your master's program in order to be awarded a scholarship.
- Please note: if your study program requires the payment of a handling fee as part of your program’s admissions procedure, the UM International Services Desk does not cover handling fees. You are responsible for paying any handling fee your program may require by 1 February 2022. To check whether your program requires the payment of a handling fee, please check your program’s webpage under the menu tab 'Admission requirements.
Step 2: Please fill in the application form, you need to log in with your UM account
Upload the following documents in .doc, .docx, or PDF format, and submit your application. Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date. If you have applied for multiple UM study programs, the UM International Services Desk will ensure that your complete scholarship application is considered for all eligible programs for which you have a conditionally approved or approved admissions status.
- Curriculum VitaeYour CV should be up-to-date, contain relevant information about your education and (job) experience, and should not be longer than two A4 pages. Please emphasize proven previous extracurricular engagement and active citizenship in your community.
- Letter of motivationYour letter of motivation should be up-to-date and specifically tailored to this scholarship program, including the substantiated envisaged contribution to the respective Brightlands Campus during the study program and the thesis-internship programme. Your letter of motivation should be no longer than one A4 page. Be sure to argue why this scholarship is important to you, why you should be selected, and what your role as an ambassador of UM would be during your scholarship period, and during the upcoming years after you finish your studies at UM.
- Proof of academic excellenceYou may upload one of the following documents in order to prove your academic excellence:1. Your university transcript that explicitly states your grade point average or class ranking (i.e. first-class honors) for your entire study program; or,2. A letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study program.Excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript demonstrates that they are among the top 5% of the 2022-2023 scholarship program applicants
- Personal statement of financial needsPlease explain why you would benefit from being awarded a scholarship and describe your personal circumstances such as financial difficulty, sole parent/caretaking responsibilities, medical condition, disability, refugee status, et cetera.
A reference letterWe have prepared scholarship reference letter guidelines; please print these out or forward them to your referee, as they will help your referee to write a good reference letter on your behalf. Please note that referees must be (former) professors, lecturers, or employers, and not family members. Recommendation letters should be dated and written no earlier than February 2021. Letters which do not agree with the guidelines are not taken into account, which means your application is incomplete.
- The contact details of one refereePlease note that we check the authenticity of your referee by contacting your referee. Therefore, ensure that you take the following steps when choosing a referee and submitting their details:- Relationship to the applicant; indicate your referee’s connection to you. Is this your professor, thesis supervisor, employer? Please remember that family members may not function as referees.- Work telephone number of your referee; be sure to include the applicable country calling code.- Work or institutional email address of your referee. Letters referencing only a personal email address will be rejected.
Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date.Visit Scholarship Website