All about studying law in Pakistan
All about studying law in Pakistan
What is LLB (Bachelor of Law)?
It is a three-year undergraduate degree in law. For students who want to pursue their career in the legal field, LLB or Bachelor of Law is the study program to pick. After completing a Law degree, one can become magistrate, civil judge, additional session judge, judge of special courts, corporate lawyer or public prosecutor.
Can I study LLB in Urdu?
Most of the universities in Pakistan have English as the medium of instruction for the LLB program, however, there are some colleges offering LLB education in Urdu as well. After passing the LLB, a person is required to give Law-GAT test to be eligible to seek enrolment as an advocate with the bar council. Without clearing the test. To become a lawyer, one has to also complete a six months pupillage with a senior lawyer.
Students who are interested in the topics of justice social issues and want to solve the issues of the oppressed communities should come in this field. Law education requires a lot of reading, research, and patience. Once you become a lawyer, you have great responsibility to fulfill towards the society. Therefore, students with a serious inclination towards Law profession should only pick this line and not out of the pressure from the family.
What should a student do after LLB?
While LLB is an undergrad degree, many students pick Political Science for the Masters. However, to practice law and be an expert in the field, academics recommend that LLM should be the first choice of the students, which not only helps them in their legal practice but also in judiciary papers. After completing LLM, one can apply for the posts of civil judge and magistrate. Some students also choose History, International Law, English, Bar at Law, Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) after completing LLB.
- Islamic Jurisprudence
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Contract
- Law of Torts
- Qanun-e-Shahadat (1984)
- Criminal Law
- Law of Equity & Specific Relief Act
- Administrative Laws
- Company Laws
- The Arbitration Act (1940)
- Law of Transfer of Property
- Muslim Personal Laws
- Majority Act 1875
- Public International Law
- Constitutional History of Pakistan
- Civil Procedure Code (1908)
- Service Law
- Criminal Procedure Code (1998)
- Medical Jurisprudence
- Limitation Act
- Service Tribunal
- Urban Rent Laws
- Law of Evidence & Legal Ethics
- Conveyancing & Pleading
- Interpretation of Statutes
- The Stamp Act 1899
- Intellectual Property Laws
- The Court Fees Act Â (1870)
- Interpretation of Statue
- The Suit Valuation Act (1877)
- Environment Laws
- Banking Laws
- Important Labor Laws
- Income Tax Ordinance
- Land Laws
- Labor Code
Career & Scope
- Attorney at Law
- Judicial Magistrate
- Assistant Advocate General
- Lecturer in Law College
- Legal Adviser
- Court Reporter
- Additional District & Sessions Judge.
- Public Prosecutor.
- Attorney General.
- Advocate General.
- Investigation Police
- Law Branch of Different Departments
- Excise Inspector
- Different Investigation Agencies Like Anti-Corruption, NAB, CIA et
- Anchor Person
- Corporate Groups
- Notary Public or Oath Commissioner
Institutes offering LLB in Pakistan
- Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
- International Islamic University, Islamabad
- Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore (LUMS)
- University of Punjab
- University of Lahore, Lahore
- Islamia College University, Peshawar
- Peshawar University, Peshawar
- Bahria University, Islamabad
- Bahauddin Zakria University, Multan
- Government College University, Faisalabad
- Sargodha University, Sargodha
- University of Sindh
- University of Gujrat
- Dadabhoy Institute of Higher Education, Karachi
- Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan
- Hamdard University, Karachi
- Hazara University, Mansehra
- Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur
- University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad
- University of Baluchistan, Quetta
International Affiliated Law degrees in Pakistan
News & Events
Find the latest news and happenings in the education field.