MPHIL AND PHD SCHOLARSHIPS IN MEDICAL FIELD BY PUNJAB GOVERNMENT 2021
Primary and Secondary Health care department, Government of Punjab announced M.Phil.and Ph.D. Scholarships through Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases Program. Non-Communicable Diseases have become a major threat globally. It is essential that policies related to the prevention and control of NCDs should be based on sound scientific evidence to ensure their effectiveness which requires evidence-based research. There is great potential for researchers to make important contributions in the field.
Candidates currently enrolled in the M.Phil & Ph.D. Programs in medical disciplines at any Higher Education Commission (HEC) approved universities and degree awarding institutions within Punjab and having Punjab Domicile may apply for the MPhil and Ph.D. Scholarships.
Punjab Government Medical Scholarship Covers
- M .Phil. Scholarships............... Up to Rs.40,000 Annually (only for one Year)
- Ph .D. Scholarships............... Up to Rs. 80,000 Annually (for a maximum of 3 years)
The eligible candidates will submit their research proposal related to the Prevention of Non-Communicable Diseases (Diabetes, Cardio Vascular Diseases (CVDs), Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs), Cancers (Oral, Breast, Cervical))
Secondary and Primary Health Care MPhil and Ph.D. Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
Detailed criteria and TORs of scholarships can be downloaded from the Primary Secondary Healthcare website http://pshealth.hisdu.com/Home/Download as well as from NCDs Program's website https://ncd.punjab.gov.pk/downloads or can be obtained from the below-mentioned address.
How to Apply for MPhil and Ph.D. Medical Scholarships
The applicants must submit
- Application (on prescribed format available online)
- Agreement In-Principle (on university letterhead, signed & stamped from the research supervisor /Head of Department) at their respective university available online
- Cover Letter (up to 500-words) highlighting the importance of their research
- Approved Research Proposal with relevant work plan, specified objectives, and methodology
- All supporting documents
- Complete applications must be received at NCDs Program Office, 1st Floor, Directorate General Health Services, 24-Cooper Road Lahore.
- The last date for submission of application is February 2021 before 5.00 pm. For any query, call or email the prescribed contact below.
The decision regarding the grant of the scholarship shall be announced after scrutiny and approval by the research committee.Visit Scholarship Website