MINES LABOR WELFARE COMMISSIONER PUNJAB SCHOLARSHIP 2020
Mines Labour welfare commissioner, Government of Punjab offers scholarships for the children of Miners. Applications can be submitted for scholarships for students enrolled in primary classes to the Master's degree programs. Mines Labour Welfare Commissioner Office will pay yearly stipend to the students. The scholarship application for a maximum of two children per family can be submitted.
Application for Scholarship can be submitted to the offices of Mines Labour Welfare offices located in different cities. The last date to submit the application form is November 30, 2020.
A yearly stipend will be paid to the students according to the following:
- Class 1 to 5: PKR: 1200/-
- Class 6 to 8: PKR: 15000/-
- Class 9-10: PKR: 18,000/-
- Class 11-12: PKR: 24,000/-
- Graduate: BA/BSc/B.Com (14 years) - Day Scholars: PKR: 30,000/-
- Graduate: BA/BSc/B.Com (14 years) - Boarders: PKR: 40,000/-
- PostGraduate/Masters/BS/BBA/Medical/Engineering - Day Scholars: PKR: 60,000/-
- PostGraduate/Masters/BS/BBA/Medical/Engineering - Boarders: PKR: 80,000/-
Eligibility Criteria for Mines Labor welfare commissioner Punjab Scholarship
The worker needs to fulfill the following criteria:
- A person is qualified as a miner if he fulfills the definition of the worker as is defined in the mining industrial and commercial employment ordinance 1968, registered with EOBI, and has a minimum of 3 years of employment.
- However, there is no employment duration requirement for Category 1, 2, and 3.
- Those who are not registered with EOBI may submit Affidavit attested by Notary Public and respective assistant mines labor welfare commissioner with their complete data.
- Children of deceased/ disable workers are also eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Students studying in Mines Labour welfare organization/Punjab worker's welfare board's schools are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Students availing scholarships from the worker welfare board are also not eligible to apply.
- Prep and nursery class students are not eligible.
- Retired workers who are receiving a pension from EOBI are eligible.
How to apply for Mines Labour Welfare Commissioner Punjab Scholarship
Application forms can be obtained from Mines Labor officers offices in Chakwal, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Khushab, D.G Khan, and Multan. Incomplete applications will be rejected. The candidates need to submit the following set of documents along with their admission application form at the time of admission:
- Miner’s CNIC.
- Worker/ miner’s Social Security Card/ Old Age Benefit Card.
- Attested copy of worker's firm card or appointment letter
- CNIC/ Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA of the prospective student.
- In the case of a deceased/ disabled worker/ miner, proof of receiving a Death Grant/ Disability Pension needs to be submitted.
Visit Scholarship Website