- University or Organization: Texas Tech University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Varies according to test score
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: U.S. Freshman and International Freshman
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for the United States as well as all nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will award for undergraduate study in any subject offered by the TTU
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following requirements throughout your TTU academic career:
- Also, to test scores and class rank, to be eligible for the Presidential Scholarship, you must be an incoming freshman, first-year college student (College credits earned through dual-credit, CLEP, or AP do not disqualify student)
- Maintain a cumulative GPA
- Maintain full-time enrollment in a Texas Tech University academic program and accumulate at least 30 TTU hours per year (checked in May).
- Keep addresses, including email address, current on MyTech.
- Write a thank you letter to the program donor when and as directed by the Texas Tech program Office.
- Attend required donor events.
- TTU Costa Rica Students are not eligible for programmes
- If you are a non-resident awarded a Presidential Scholarship, you will also qualify to pay in-state tuition.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To earn an academic award, applicants must apply to Texas Tech as soon as possible. Candidates who take admission at the TTU will automatically consider for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit an essay and transcript as well as other documents which will require at the time of application for admission.
- Entry Requirements: SAT or ACT Score required
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have English language proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
Annual fund amounts pay one-half for fall and one-half for spring terms. The TTU is offering grant amount which determined by the SAT/ACT test score as the following:
- 1100-1190 SAT or 22-24 ACT: $1000/year (For Renewal – 3.0 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1200-1290 SAT or 25-27 ACT: $2000/year (For Renewal – 3.0 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1300-1390 SAT or 28-30 ACT: $4000/year (For Renewal – 3.25 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1400-1490 SAT or 31-33 ACT: $6000/year (For Renewal – 3.25 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1500 SAT or 34 ACT: $8500/year (For Renewal – 3.5 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- National Merit Finalist: $26000+ per year (For Renewal – 3.5 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)