Scholarship from the government of China for the year 2022-23
Scholarship from the government of China for the year 2022-23
The Chinese Scholarship Council of the Chinese government is offering Pakistani students/scholars the opportunity to study and carry out research in Academic institutions in order to improve educational cooperation between the two countries. HEC is the nominating agency for these scholarships in the academic year 2022-23 on behalf of the Pakistani government.
The Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China has entrusted the China Scholarship Council (CSC) with the enrolment and management of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Scholarships are available for undergraduate/bachelors, masters, and doctoral/PhD programmes in the particular field of study for qualified students.
For scholarship awardees at all levels, designated Chinese universities offer a wide range of academic programmes in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal Studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy, and Fine Arts, among others.
What programmes are being offered?
Foreign students, teachers, and scholars are sponsored by the Chinese Government Scholarship Program to pursue degree studies (undergraduate, master's, and PhD), with some degree programmes incorporating one year of preparatory Chinese language studies.
For undergraduate programmes, candidates with Chinese Proficiency of HSK level 3 (validity period: 2 years) may be excluded from the preparatory Chinese language study year.
Funds for tuition: The host university will make extensive use of tuition funds. It could be used to pay for education, administrative costs, health insurance, and expenses related to student activities.
Accommodation: Each awardee will receive a free university dormitory or a housing subsidy.
Stipend: According to the China Government Scholarship Program.
CNY 2,500 per month for undergraduate students (Min)
CNY 3,000 per month for master's students (Min)
CNY 3,500 per month for PhD students (Min)
Expenses for travel:The scholarship awardees would be responsible for their own travel expenses. HEC will not be held financially liable.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Applicants must be citizens of Pakistan or Azad Jammu and Kashmir. Holders of dual nationality are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in good physical condition.
- Applicants having unfinished degrees as of the application deadline are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants for the undergraduate/bachelors programme must have completed intermediate/A-level/FA-FSC and be under the age of 25 at the time of application.
- Master's programme applicants should have a Bachelor's degree (16 years) and be under 35 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants for the PhD/Doctoral programme must hold a Master's degree (MS/MPhil) and be under 40 years old at the time of registration.
- Meet the requirements outlined on the China Scholarship Council's website and portal.
- In terms of academic aptitude, language competency, and other relevant factors, meet the entrance standards of the applied universities.
- Applicants may not be receiving any other sorts of scholarships at the time of application.
WHERE DO I APPLY?
All information supplied in the online application and any attachments must be accurate, complete, and true.
- Online applications are available at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/.
- For successful submission of the HEC online application form, deposit Rs. 1000/- via bank deposit slip in HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 at Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad and upload the same slip on the HEC portal. Any HBL branch in Pakistan can deposit the fee into your HEC online account.
- After successfully submitting your application through the HEC portal, keep a paper copy of the application form that you have signed.
- Submit an online application for programme Type: A and Agency No.5861 through the CSC web portal https://www.campuschina.org/or https://www.campuschina.org/. Download a signed copy of the completed application form from the Chinese Scholarship Council portal, and keep it with you.
- Please visit the Chinese Embassy's website at http://pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/zbgx/cultureservice/202111/t20211112_10447623.htm for further information about the Chinese Government scholarship programme. Alternatively download the Chinese Government Scholarship Instructions and carefully fill out the Chinese Government Scholarship online application form on the CSC portal.
- Online applications through the CSC and HEC portals are required. Candidature will not be considered if the form is not submitted on one of the above two portals.
At this time, hard copies of the applications are not required. In any event, handwritten or incomplete/saved portal applications will not be considered.
At this point of the application procedure, prospective applicants are not needed to submit any documents (physical copies) to HEC. Only those who have been shortlisted will be asked to provide the following papers in English or Chinese. In the case of any other language, the document must be accompanied by a notarized English or Chinese translation. Prospective applicants are advised to prepare their application dossier as follows in order to avoid any problem in the future
For further information regarding the required documents please visit the HEC website: https://bit.ly/3lGluCT
Before the deadline of Monday, January 3, 2022, only apply online. At this point in the application process, DO NOT send hardcopies of application forms or any other documents to HEC.
Post a Comment
- EdTech startup Freadom encourages English language learning via speech AI
- Scholarships in USA for PhD program announced by HEC for Pakistani students
- Orcas raised $2.1 million in pre-series funding and set to launch in Pakistan soon
- EdTech startup MyCaptain secured $3 million in pre-series funding round
- Jaipur based EdTech startup Bodhi AI helps in connecting teachers to students
News & Events
Find the latest news and happenings in the education field.