HEC UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP FOR GB STUDENTS 2021
Higher Education Commission announces undergraduate scholarships for Gilgit Baltistan students to Study in Top Pakistani Universities/Institutions. Students who intend to pursue undergraduate studies (four/five years BS programs) from HEC-recognized public sector universities/degree awarding institutions (DAIs) can apply for scholarships. The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2021-22 in all areas of study/disciplines under the project titled, "Undergraduate Scholarship Program for the Students of Gilgit-Baltistan in Top Pakistani Universities/Institutions (Batch-l)':
Applications can be submitted latest by October 25, 2021. Eligible candidates can apply on the HEC portal. Applications in the hard form will not be accepted. Candidates are required to apply on https://eportal.hec.gov.pk Application processing fee is required to be submitted to the HEC account.
HEC GB Scholarship Covers
The scholarship covers the following
- Tuition fee, hostel fee, and other charges -maximum Rs. 240,000 per year
- A stipend of Rs.15,000 per month
- Books and traveling allowance of Rs. 30,000 per annum
HEC Undergraduate Scholarship for GB Students Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have domicile/local certificate of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Applicants must have completed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and/or Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) and/or equivalent. However, priority will be given to those students who have passed/completed their SSC/HSSC or equivalent from Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants who are already availing of any other scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- The applicants can apply to any public sector university/institution in Pakistan. However, any expenditure over and above the cost given in PC-1 will be borne by the student himself/herself.
- The maximum age limit is 22 years as of the closing date of application submission.
- The candidates will have to meet HEC and university criteria for admission in BS programs.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their score on Aptitude Test (to be conducted by Education Testing Council, HEC) and their academic credentials.
- Candidates must secure at least 50% marks on the test.
- Students already enrolled in any BS program in public sector universities/institutions prior to the advertisement (maximum one academic year/ session) may also apply.
- The award of scholarships will be made irrespective of gender, caste, race, and religion.
How to Apply for HEC Undergraduate Scholarship for Gilgit Baltistan
- Applicants are required to submit applications online through: https://eportal.hec.gov.pk
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Application in hard form will not be entertained.
- Applicants are required to deposit Rs. 500/-(non-refundable) as application fee in Account No.17427900133401, Habib Bank Limited, SRC H-9 Branch, Islamabad and should upload the scanned copy/image of bank receipt online while applying.
- Deadline Last Date of Receipt of Applications: October 25, 2021 Applicants are advised to check their emails and HEC website regularly for any updates and are required to apply well before the closing date to get assistance in case of any inconvenience