Asia Foundation Development Fellows 2022
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is a dynamic and multifaceted learning opportunity for highly talented Asian individuals under the age of 40 who want to improve their leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure. The Foundation's six-decade tradition of investing in the region's most promising future leaders is reflected in the programme.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment and gender equality, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2023;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries and region where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pacific Islands; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
STEP 1) CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
Please carefully read the Eligibility and Selection criteria above, and read the Application Instructions.
STEP 2) PREPARE FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Review the Application Guidelines and Instructions and complete each component of the application:
- Personal information
- Written submission
- Short video submission
- Letters of recommendation (handled online)
STEP 3) START YOUR APPLICATION
The application window will be open from Wednesday, August 3 to Friday, September 16, 2022.Visit Scholarship Website