75 National Top Talent Scholarships 2023
The Pakistan Government announces 40 Ph.D. and 35 MS scholarships for Pakistani and Azad Kashmir nationals to study at the world's 25 top ranked universities (QOS or Times Higher Education (THE) Rankings only), on the auspicious occasion of the 75th Independence Anniversary of Pakistan. Scholarships will only be awarded on the basis of confirmed admission to selected universities and subjects.
Scholars who obtain advanced degrees in cutting-edge fields will prove to be national assets and help usher in a new era. MS scholarships will last for two years and PhD scholarships will continue for four years. National Top Talent Scholarship applications must be submitted by March 21, 2023.
National Top Talent Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- A Pakistani or Azad Kashmiri national must apply
- An unconditional or confirmed acceptance/enrollment in one of the world's top 25 universities (QS or THE) in your chosen subjects
- MS Scholarships require a BS/BE/Master's degree or 16 years of education in relevant fields
- MS/MPhil/ME or equivalent 18 years of education in relevant fields are required for PhD scholarships
- A maximum of one 2nd Division in the academic career prior to the final degree, with a 3.0 CGPA out of 4.0 and 3.75 out of 5 in the semester system or 1st Division (in the annual system).
- For employees of public sector organizations and full-time faculty members of universities/degree-awarding institutions/colleges, the maximum age is 40 years.
- 35 years for all others
National Top Talent Scholarship Application Process
- Online applications must be submitted on the HEC e-portal, https://eportal.hec.gov.pk.
- A candidate must be admitted to one of the top 25 universities in the world.
- After completing their studies, candidates must return to Pakistan.
- After completing their studies, successful candidates must sign an agreement with HEC to serve in Pakistan for 3 years for MSs and 5 years for PhDs.